Feurty is located south-west of Roscommon Town along the R366.
The graveyard in Fuerty is one of the most interesting in the county where the ruins of a Franciscan church are located, in which 100 priests were massacred in the church in Cromwellian times by Colonel Ormsby, the local tyrant. Some of the gravestones date back to 1720 and there are graves and tombs of many priests. Two headstones are of special interest – one, erected over the grave of a blacksmith, is carved to show anvil, bellows and smith’s tongs. The other, over the grave of a shepherd, shows a sheep and shepherd’s crook.